I've Created a Custom Field for New Development But When I Try to Filter With It, It Never Returns Any Records

ChrismanJ February 2, 2016

I created a "radio buttons" type of custom field that's used to flag tasks as new development. This field shows up just fine in Tempo Timesheets as a box that is checked or not. When I export from Tempo it includes the value "true" in that column or it's blank. This is what I would expect it to do.

However, try as I might, I can't get the filter to return any rows. I would expect "New Development" = "true" to work. Filtering for "New Development" is not null returns nothing and searching for "New Development" is null returns every issue in our database.

If Tempo knows whether to check the box when it displays the field I have to think there's some way I can filter by it.

1 answer

1 vote

Well, of course, now that I've posted the question I found the solution. There was a "New Development" worklog attribute set up in Tempo Timesheets. This is what I'm seeing when the items are exported from Tempo and this is the field that's being set or not set when a user logs their time.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2016

Yes, Worklog Attributes are not actual JIRA fields from what I understand – Purely and simply they are an entity within Tempo therefore not accessible via JQL. 

The related feature request is located here – https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT-12. It is something the Tempo team would like to get to ASAP and they communicate frequently on the issue.

Yes, there was both a "New Development" field and a "New Development" worklog attribute. That's what caused the confusion.

Suggest an answer