It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I stopped receiving email notifications abruptly

Hello there,

I have enabled email notifications option to receive all the notifications on my gmail account tied to Jira. I used to receive updates regularly until August. From August 6th, I stopped receiving any of the notifications from JIRA to my email. I have checked all my settings, tried changing my password but nothing really worked. It's really weird that I am not receiving ANY of the notifications now. Can someone please help here?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Naga,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I was able to check on our mail server that there was a bounce on your address on August 5 informing that the account does not exist, that's why since the date you mentioned you stopped receiving notifications.

2019-08-05T16:12:54+00:00

550: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or 550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuch... - gsmtp

I removed this bounce and now everything should work as expected.

Please, check if you will receive notifications and let us know if you face any issue.

Regards,
Angélica

Ahh that should be it. I receive notifications now. Thanks so much for the help!

Like Angélica_Luz likes this

Hi Angélica,

This happened to my account as well. Can you also check for me? Much appreciated!

@Angélica_Luz 

Hi @Emma_Liu,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

There was a block on your email address and I removed. It should work now.

550: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or 550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuch... - gsmtp

Regards,
Angélica

Thank you so so much, Angélica. This has been a pain in my ass for the past two months!

Finally, this is resolved.

Thank you~

Hi Angélica,

Hope you are doing well.

I have another account that also has the same issue, emma@arcadedevhouse.com.au.

Can you please help?

Much appreciated.

Hello @Emma_Liu,

Hope you are doing well too!

There was a block on the email address you mentioned and also other addresses from the same domain, so I removed it. It was the same error than the previous one:

Regards,
Angélica

Thanks a million!

It works!

Hi Angelica, I have the same problem, could you check my account please?

Hi @Emmanuel_Rasetto

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

I did a bulk search for your domain and 10 email addresses were affected by the error below:

550: 550 ... / Usuario desconocido / Usuario desconhecido

Please, take your time to test and let us know if it works.

Regards,
Angélica

Hi Angelica, everything works perfect now, thank you!

rajesh.boyalapalli@infosys.com

Hello @Rajesh_Reddy

Welcome to Community!

I didn't find anything specific for your email, but for the domain, there were many bounces:

550: 550 [internal] [oob] The recipient is invalid.

Take your time to test and let us know if it works.

Regards,
Angélica

Hello Angelica,

I am receving confluence page updates but I am not receiving Jira defectID's to my mailbox which has status like need clarification,Open, Reject,Fixed etc...

Please suggest

Thank you for the details, Rajesh.

Since you are not receiving notifications from Jira and there is nothing blocking the notifications on our side, I'd suggest you talk to your administrator to confirm if you have permission to the ticket and in the project. 

You may also check your profile in Jira and confirm your notification preferences. Go to your Profile picture > Settings.

Hello Alexandre,

Thanks for reaching out to Community!

I saw that you created a ticket with our support and they already removed the bounces from your email address.

If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you