I need to query my project for all stories with no story points assigned (null). Is this possible, or can it be made possible?

Michael Barone October 28, 2015

I have over 1200 stories. It is difficult to find the stories with null as story points. I need to do this manually. Please let me know if searching on null story is possible.

3 answers

6 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2015

I'd start with

issuetype = story and "Story points" is empty

aebsubis November 15, 2016
"Story points" is empty

Worked for me since I needed to know about all issues without estimate.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Tomasz_Żmudziński June 25, 2020

We had similar issue after some updates in JIRA. We have obeyed it with using not field name, but index. So: {cf[124xx] is EMPTY} insteed of "Story points" is empty.

0 votes
Gavin Henderson April 7, 2017

My search on "Story points" values never finds anything, is this a known issue?

Karen Ann December 7, 2017

I had the same issue and solved it by using:

originalEstimate is EMPTY

Basically, I typed the first letter of every letter in the alphabet and inspected the suggested options until I found this one, which solved my occurrence of no results for "Story points".

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2017

But that's wrong.  That is looking for an empty original estimate, not story points.

Some systems may well not have Story points, it depends on if you've installed Software and/or your admins have created/removed it.

Like Vinicius Engel likes this

Suggest an answer