• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • I need to query my project for all stories with no story points assigned (null). Is this possible, or can it be made possible?

I need to query my project for all stories with no story points assigned (null). Is this possible, or can it be made possible?

I have over 1200 stories. It is difficult to find the stories with null as story points. I need to do this manually. Please let me know if searching on null story is possible.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I'd start with

issuetype = story and "Story points" is empty

"Story points" is empty

Worked for me since I needed to know about all issues without estimate.

This widget could not be displayed.

My search on "Story points" values never finds anything, is this a known issue?

I had the same issue and solved it by using:

originalEstimate is EMPTY

Basically, I typed the first letter of every letter in the alphabet and inspected the suggested options until I found this one, which solved my occurrence of no results for "Story points".

But that's wrong.  That is looking for an empty original estimate, not story points.

Some systems may well not have Story points, it depends on if you've installed Software and/or your admins have created/removed it.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

290 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you