I need to create a workflow and assign the tasks to a group. Edited

Hi,

I need to create a workflow, which will let me assign the opened/reopened task to a group. after this it will be automatically assigned to the group member who don't have a tsak in his/her queue or have minimum number of tasks.

is this doable using the triggers or conditions?

Your fast help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dima

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Nov 18, 2017

Hello,

It is not possible out of the box. You would need to develop a custom post function using such plugins as Adaptivist scriptrunner or Power scripts. Or develop your own plugin.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi @dima dirbashi,

Like Alexey mentioned, this unfortunately can't be accomplished using JIRA Core functionality. But you can install an add-on like Power Scripts that would help you auto-assign the task to a group.

We've actually put together a short 6 min video walking you through the steps on how to setup Power Scripts and execute the script. We've even included the sample script we used so you can just copy and paste to try it for yourself.

Hope this helps!

Johnson

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

281 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you