I need to create a workflow and assign the tasks to a group.

dimadirbashi November 18, 2017

Hi,

I need to create a workflow, which will let me assign the opened/reopened task to a group. after this it will be automatically assigned to the group member who don't have a tsak in his/her queue or have minimum number of tasks.

is this doable using the triggers or conditions?

Your fast help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dima

2 answers

0 votes
Johnson Wang November 27, 2017

Hi @dimadirbashi,

Like Alexey mentioned, this unfortunately can't be accomplished using JIRA Core functionality. But you can install an add-on like Power Scripts that would help you auto-assign the task to a group.

We've actually put together a short 6 min video walking you through the steps on how to setup Power Scripts and execute the script. We've even included the sample script we used so you can just copy and paste to try it for yourself.

Hope this helps!

Johnson

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2017

Hello,

It is not possible out of the box. You would need to develop a custom post function using such plugins as Adaptivist scriptrunner or Power scripts. Or develop your own plugin.

Suggest an answer