I need to create a multi-day email notification.

Kristin Bitler January 23, 2017

I know I can create custom event, create notification scheme, then add post function to workflow transition, but I need it to send an email to the reporter each day for three working days and then automatically close if no response from the reporter. I could use some help here for the most efficient possible solution.

1 answer

1 vote
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2017

It seems that you could create a filter and use somedate > startOfDay(-3d) 

For example:

resolutiondate > startOfDay(-3d)

and add a subscription to this filter.

Kristin Bitler January 24, 2017

I'll look into this. I was pulled in another direction - somewhat new to the post functions, triggers, etc. so I'm hoping this can be automated.

Kristin Bitler January 24, 2017

I'm thinking it isn't really what works best. We allow anyone to create a ticket without an AD account and they will need notifications, as well. Also, it seems to me that everyone in the subscription will receive the email and not just the reporter. Thank you - I'm hoping you or someone else had has some more ideas. Thanks.

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2017

If you want to notify repoter only then add condition reporter = currentUser(). It means that every subscribed user will receive notification only about it own issues.

Kristin Bitler January 25, 2017

I'll give this a try. My notification tests have been notifying all of the group subscribed. I need to find a comprehensive JQL guide, which I'm sure exists here, since I'm not a programmer and not very familiar with SQL. Thank you.

Kristin Bitler January 25, 2017

The notification worked splendidly and now I know how a filter and subscription work together, so thank you for that and is much simpler than the research I've done into listeners, etc. Now all I need is to figure the custom notification and the auto close after three days. Thank you.

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2017

If you want to automacaly close all these issues you need a custom service. 

It could get issues from this filter.

Suggest an answer