I need to copy data from jira to aws (not migration)

francisco.gomes May 5, 2022

i need to copy data from Jira to aws (not migration).
The information will continue in jira is just a way to generate reports using aws as a repository and not burdening jira

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Copy to what in AWS?  Another Jira?  A data store/warehouse/base?  What reporting are you trying to do?  (There are reporting tools for Jira that don't stress it)

And what data are you trying to copy?  If it's issue data, your best option for a copy is to use the REST API to extract what you want.  (Also, I'm assuming you are on Jira Server)

francisco.gomes May 6, 2022

We need the data that stay at jira (kanban , projects)  in the AWS to analise the information with other software..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2022

So reporting then, but based on data you extract and transform.

Best thing to do is read Jira over it's REST API to get the data you want to put into your reporting database/tool.

Do you have any model ?

If have could you send me

thanks 

Francisco

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2022

Model for what?

You should probably be building your own model to suit your reporting.

Sorry, that was a little short, I hit send too early.

I'm currently building a reporting-on-jira database model.  It's totally different to a Jira database structure, because the Jira database is not built to be reported off, and it's not even a database - a lot of the logic is done in the application.  The model I'm building won't work for your reports.

I need a model "REST api"  TO building my own model over this exemple of REST API

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2022

Ah, not a model, you need to know what you can get from Jira with a REST call.

Start with a run through https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/7.6.1/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events