I'm automatically watching every issue that I create. How to disable it?

Kalana Wijesekara July 24, 2020

Every-time I create a new issue on Jira I'm automatically watching the issue too. Is there a way to disable it?

I found old answers which says it's there in my profile, which I can't find anymore.

I'm using cloud version of Jira.

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2020

You also need to check the notification scheme. Many of them send notifications for the reporter the same as they do for watchers. So turning off autowatch may not change the notifications you're getting. 

Chozo July 24, 2020

Great suggestion, @Joe Pitt 
I just thought we were talking only about watching, because @Kalana Wijesekara doesn't mentioned nothing about notifications :D 

But if we are talking about notifications you are completely right!

Kalana Wijesekara July 27, 2020

Thank you for pointing this out. Basically what I'm trying to achieve is to avoid receiving email notifications by default for issues that I create. I want emails on issues that I intentionally "watch". So I thought if i can stop watching automatically when I create something I'll be able to stop emails too.

Paul Hage May 3, 2021

I clicked my icon in the top right hand corner of the screen

Then selected "personal settings"

"Watch your issues" was enabled. I changed it to disabled.

I'm on next gen.

0 votes
Chozo July 24, 2020

Hello,
in profile (top right corner) click "profile"
at the bottom of the site is preferences and there is autowatch :)

Thanks a lot for your reply, I still cant find it and feeling very stupid 

Thanks a lot for your reply, I still cant find it and feeling very stupid. What I see is in the screenshot here.jira.png

Like Paul Hage likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events