I have a Burn Up report question if we have added another level in Jira Premium Hierarchy

Saurabh Chaudhary March 27, 2023

Hi All,

We have upgraded to Jira Premium recently and added 'Initiative' as an additional level in Issue Types.

If we do a burn up report, will it roll up to an Initiative level? Please let me know if this has worked for you.

Thanks,

Saurab

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Crystelle S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2023

I am also assuming you are using the Burn Up report that is available in Jira? If this is the case then as far as I know, the Advanced Roadmaps is an add-on which is created by Atlassian but still an add-on. Advanced Roadmaps does provide it's own completion utility in the Plan when you add the Field "Progress" to your view, however, I'm fairly certain that that reporting in Jira (I call it Jira proper) doesn't look for the additional parental linking (up to Initiative) that the Advanced Roadmap program does.

TLDR: Advanced Roadmap utilizes both 'parent link' and 'epic link' and creates a Progress field to show progress in the Plan view. Jira uses 'epic link' and so most likely will not pull in based on 'parent link'.

Saurabh Chaudhary March 30, 2023

Thanks Crystelle! My research was leading me to the same inference as well.

0 votes
Crystelle S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2023

Point of clarification, when you say Jira Premium are you referring to Advanced Roadmaps?

Saurabh Chaudhary March 28, 2023

Correct

Suggest an answer