I formatted my phone and dont have verification code/ Recovery key to continue

sunithaqsg June 27, 2018

I set my account as two step verification but Im not able to login to jira now.

Pls give me the solution for this problems. what is the next step for this problem 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2018

Hi, welcome to the Atlassian Community.

When you initially enabled 2-factor authentication at id.atlassian.com, you were given an emergency key. Do you maybe have that one? The prompt asked you to save it somewhere safe.

If you have it, try to login with your user and password and when you are prompted to enter the 2FA code, click on "Can't use your phone?" at the bottom of the page, and you will be prompted to provide that key.

If you don't have the key, you need to follow the same procedure, but when you are asked to enter the emergency key, click on "Can't find your recovery key?". You will be provided instructions over email, but mainly you will either have to wait 48 hours or contact Atlassian Support

Claudiu

sunithaqsg June 27, 2018

Thanks your response, i have recovery key for jira. but when i reset two step verification in git that key is not accept again because the same issue appends for git also.

*click on "Can't find your recovery key?". You will be provided instructions over email, but mainly you will either have to wait 48 hours or contact Atlassian Support*

- Yes, same procedure i followed, i will be wait for 48 hours.

Like 波 刘 likes this
Mạnh Nguyễn December 6, 2018

Hi,

I don't see "Can't find your recovery key?"

Like # people like this
sunithaqsg December 6, 2018

Hi...The issue has been resolved. Thanks!

michael agratina April 8, 2022

@Claudiu Lionte 

Is this one still possible?
Can't find your recovery key

we can not find the way how to recover

Julio Fernandez January 18, 2023

Hi. same problem here. Does anybody know where the "Can't find your recovery key" link is?

0 votes
Kamran Javed June 21, 2019

My phone was reset so I have lost bitbucket authentication from my phone.
Now when I tried to run the command for recovery codes I received 

git@bitbucket.org: Permission denied (publickey).

Please help

Suggest an answer