I'd like to have a small number of checkbox fields use a single set of 24 options

Bill Glynn December 14, 2021

I have a large set of options (think colors of the rainbow) and that set of options needs to be available for multi-select in four distinct checkbox fields (think BorderColor, ForegroundColor, BackgroundColor, AccentColor). Is there a way to configure the option set once and then have all four fields utilize that same option set? I'd like to minimize changes when having to add/remove a color from the option set.

If not, is there a way to fully configure the options for field 1 and then duplicate & rename that field so I don't have to type in all the same options again?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2021

Hey @Bill Glynn 

There's a similar discussion at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-copy-a-custom-field/qaq-p/1401238 - summary is that there's no Jira native way to do this, but you can achieve the result using marketplace apps such as ScriptRunner, Elements Connect (used to be called nFeed), External Data for Jira Fields and others where you can have custom field values linked to external data sources (CSV, JSON, REST API, Databases etc).

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?product=jira&query=external%20data 

Depending on the rate of change (I thought the colours of the rainbox were fixed! :)  ) and the cost of the plugins, it may not be financially viable though.

CCM

Bill Glynn December 14, 2021

Thanks @Craig Castle-Mead . I'll take a look at the discussion, but I don't think I'll go down that route. My example was contrived to keep it simple, so I have an idea of how to achieve what I want and work around the issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events