I created a Cancel screen, however cannot enter resolution to only allow Cancel option

Hello,

I typically use the Resolve Issue screen and my resolutions are Duplicate, Cannot Reproduce, Closed and Cancel Request. At times if a user opts to Cancel an issue they select Cancel button and that brings up with Resolution issue screen but the default is Closed. So we have issues out there that show status of Cancel but Resolution of Closed. I tried to create a Cancel (resolution) screen for resolution but I cannot find the Resolve Issue Screen to remove all options but Cancel. I would like a Cancel Resolution screen for when a user selects Cancel. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Davina

1 answer

1 vote

Best option is to remove the resolution from the cancel screen. Then, when someone uses the "cancel" transition, use a post-function to set the resolution for them automatically.  Fewer clicks for them, and a 100% accurate transition result.

Do like Nic say and leave the concept of a status of Cancel and look at the resolution of "Cancelled" or "Rejected".

Joe Pitt Community Champion Mar 07, 2017

As Nic says. Never give the user an option if you know what you want for a result. 

that will solve the issue. one more question, what is the best approach to a prompt asking the user if they are sure they would like to cancel? If I add it to a screen it shows Cancel/Cancel at the bottom as options.

thanks for your help,

Davina

Mmm, good point.  I try to choose transition names that are not "cancel".  Halt, waive, void, reject etc.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

461 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you