I changed my email address. Now I cannot log back in

Julien December 22, 2021

I am on the free plan (team of 2) and use JIRA as a good planning tool. 

I also have a Trello account. 

I signed up for both with my Gmail account. 

Today I wanted to switch from my Gmail to my corporate account as I have since incorporated. 

Now I cannot go back into JIRA: I have to request permission from the Admin (which should be me since I was the sole user?). I did and of course, I did not get any notifications of that. 

I could access Trello. 

I have switched back my corporate account into my Gmail account but I still cannot access the JIRA: I have already "requested permission" to the admin.

I can access Trello as usual. 

I am a bit stuck there! 

2 answers

0 votes
Scribner Anthony December 22, 2021

I have the same issue.

UPSers Login

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2021

Hi @Julien

Once you had switched your email from Gmail to your corporate account, Atlassian sends you the confirmation email to the desired email address to change it from your account. I guess you have done that, now to access the site, your admin needs to approve that before you get access to the site.

Try accessing id.atlassian.com with both emails see which you can access with.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Julien December 22, 2021

Thanks, Pramodh for taking a look. 
I am on the free plan so should I not be the admin anyway? The free plan does not have "roles". 

I tried id.atlassian.com and can access it only with my Gmail account (to which I switched back). 

I feel stuck: if I cannot get the validation request, I am in this loop forever. 

Suggest an answer