I cannot create an automation rule

Jaesung Lee May 23, 2023

I got an error: "There was a problem retrieving permissions from your Jira instance. Please try publishing this rule again." when I try to make a rule.

I am on a free plan and I am an org admin, so I should have all the permissions, but I cannot.

Because I am on a free plan I cannot see the audit log.

image.png

Here is what I see.

I changed the actor as myself instead of automation for Jira, and it creates another error

image.png

which is calling for a support.

I searched for the answers here but what I found are only for the premium users, not for free plan users.

This is a Jira-work-management.

2 answers

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2023

Hi @Jaesung Lee 

Sorry to hear about this problem.  I can see that you are the site-admin of a number of different sites.  Could you please let me know which specific site this error is happening on?  Perhaps we can investigate this further and create a support ticket on your behalf once we have this information.

Thanks

Andy

Jaesung Lee May 30, 2023

Hi @Andy Heinzer

Thank you for your support.

It was j-lee domain, and for some reason, now everything works fine although I have not done anything since.

I guess the issue was temporary.

Like Andy Heinzer likes this
0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

Hello @Jaesung Lee 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

I am not able to reproduce this problem on my own Free instance.

Have you tried logging out of the instance and your Atlassian account, and logging back in again to see if the problem persists?

Has this instance existed for a while or is it brand new?

I am flagging this post to alert the Atlassian Team. There may be something wrong with your instance that only they can address.

Jaesung Lee May 23, 2023

Hello @Trudy Claspill,

Thank you for your response.

I have just logged out and back in and did it again, and the problem still persists.

I will say this is a brand new problem, and to be honest, it has not been long since I started using Jira.

I also guessed this is a specific bug happening to me because a free plan is supposed to do this without any issues.

I really hope this problem can be resolved.

Thank you for your support.

Suggest an answer