I can't change custom field type

Pierre Cattin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2013

Hi, I am using Jira 3.5, and I need to change some custom fields' type.

Here's what I did to test the procedure:

1. Create a new radio buttons custom field

2. Stop Jira

3. Execute:

UPDATE CUSTOMFIELD
    SET CUSTOMFIELDTYPEKEY='com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:multiselect',
    CUSTOMFIELDSEARCHERKEY='com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:multiselectsearcher'
WHERE ID=10570

4. Start Jira

5. Re-index

But in Jira, the type of the custom field is still radio buttons. Moreover, after doing that, it's impossible to delete the custom field (the webpage never finishes to load).

Please could anybody tell me what did I do wrong?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pierre Cattin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2013

Ok I got it, it's because I didn't commit after the database update :)

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2013
Pierre Cattin
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2013

thanks, but I used the same procedure and it doesn't work...

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2013
UPDATE CUSTOMFIELD
SET CUSTOMFIELDTYPEKEY='com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:multiselect',
CUSTOMFIELDSEARCHERKEY='com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:multiselectsearcher'
WHERE ID=10570
is that you tried select also in place of multiselect?
UPDATE customfield SET CUSTOMFIELDTYPEKEY = 'com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:select',
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2013
UPDATE CUSTOMFIELD
WHERE ID=10570
is that you tried select also in place of multiselect?
UPDATE customfield SET CUSTOMFIELDTYPEKEY = 'com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:select',
The above comment is appearing with improper readability.so I again posted
Pierre Cattin
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2013

Yes I tried it.

But I have just noticed something important: when I re-index Jira, the custom field type is set back to radio button in the database.

Do you have any idea how this could happen?

Suggest an answer