I can't attach files in field on transition screens, I can do it on the creation screen only

Reply Test Group May 7, 2021

Hi Atlassian Community,

I want to insert some files during a status transition, letting the user to put attachments (in the comment or in some fields like Description or multi-line custom fields) on the transition screen, but this operation seems to be possible only during the CREATE transition..

In the Create transition, if I put the field "Attachment" in the Create screen of the respective issue type, and if I have some mullti-line fields like 'Description' (with Wiki Style Renderer set in the Field Configurations), I see the Attachment option for those fields:

1.png

, and if I remove the field "Attachment" from the same Create screen, the Attachment option is gone:

3.png

Imagining that I can do the same thing on the transition screens, I created a screen with the field Attachment and some text fields, one of which ( 'Descrizione (US)' ) is a multi-line text field with Wiki Style Renderer (necessary for seeing all the style options, plus the attachment one):

4.png

, but in the end, on the transition screen I can't see the Attachment option in the 'Descrizione (US)' field or in the comment section:

5.png

Obviously I have all the permissions in the Permission Scheme of the project.

Probably it's normal this situation for the transition screens, but for my needs it would have been perfect to have the same treatment the Create transition got.

In this way I can create custom fields used for attaching files in them during some transition, separating these files from those entered in the system field Attachment, for having a better file managment.

There is some work-around, fix releasing or open bug related to this situation?

Thank you for the help,

Fabio

1 answer

1 vote
Juan Manuel Ibarra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2021

Hi!

It is a common problem, in this article is the explanation of that issue.

Reply Test Group May 8, 2021

Hi @Juan Manuel Ibarra 

the article you linked is referred to a Service Desk problem, not to a Cloud one, but I tried anyway the work-around suggested by Jeff Santos..

The difference here is that I can't see the 'Attachment' option in the comment section (or in any multi-line text field with Wiki Style Renderer) even if I put some attachment BEFORE going to the transition:

1.png

In Jira Cloud this trick just don't work.

Anyway, I watched both the tickets JRASERVER-46035 and JRACLOUD-46035 for keeping track of it.

Bye,

Fabio

Suggest an answer