Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I attach a file directly in a transition screen?

Sofia Grunspan July 15, 2020

I have a transition screen, just with the "comment" field that can be seen in the customer portal, and I need to attach files directly in this screen to share them with clients in the portal and execute the transition.

I know I can attach files in comments and in the"attachement" field inside JIRA and when the file is added in the issue I can attach it in the transition screen, is that the only way I can do this?

I've tried putting the "Attachment" field in the transition screen but the customer doesn't receive the files attached in the portal.

Thanks from now on

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trevan Householder_Isos-Tech-Consulting_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2020

Hi @Sofia Grunspan 

Looks like you're very close!  However, you'll need an app (add-on) to show attachments in the portal.  Extension for Jira Service Desk does this:

Show Attachments.png

Sofia Grunspan July 15, 2020

Thanks! Whats the name of the add on that allows me to do that? Thanks again!

Trevan Householder_Isos-Tech-Consulting_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2020
Jeff Santos August 19, 2020

Hi,

For me it's more like a bug.

If ou attach any file BEFORE the transition, the attachment icon is enabled on the transition screen comment, and you can add new files right there and generate a link for the customer to download it. However, if there is no attachment on the issue before the transitin, even if you add a new file, the attachment option is not shown on the comment pallet.

attachment 1.pngattachment 2.pngAny known issue regarding to this?

Thanks,

Like # people like this
Sofia Grunspan August 19, 2020

Thanks!

Jeff Santos August 21, 2020

Hi @Sofia Grunspan ,

I managed to find the related bug, already mapped by Atlassian.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-46035?error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=a0a97f15-7dec-4dc5-b80e-c7576c028766&state=b8d2f4bf-d169-4b79-9839-af9fead65a6e

I'm encouraging m team to vote this bug. So, if you would also like it to be fixed, vote it as "This affects my team".

Thanks!

Like J Steinman likes this
Sofia Grunspan August 24, 2020

I've voted I hope, they can fix it soon, Thanks

J Steinman December 5, 2023

Still not fixed!

Marcus Lopez March 11, 2024

Thank you!!  This solved my precise need. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events