I am unable to execute the test run after adding my tests. I see the play(execute) button but click

Shilpa Pai Kalsank July 10, 2018

JIRASupport.PNGI am unable to execute the test run after adding my tests. I see the play(execute) button. Clicking on this simply creates a page saying that I don't have permissions.

Would be very helpful if someone could let me know why this is happening. The administrator account also could not run the test.

Note : I am using the trial version of Xray.

2 answers

4 votes
Bruno Conde
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 12, 2018

Hi Shilpa,

The user can't execute a test if:

Can you confirm that you can resolve Test Execution issues in your project?

If this is not the case please open a ticket in our support site:

https://jira.xpand-addons.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/6

Best Regards,

Bruno Conde.

Roxana_Bolobita January 7, 2019

@Bruno Conde how do you edit permissions on this? I can't seem to find it anywhere. 

It seems to be a bit random the way it works, as an admin you can run the tests, and as project owner, but no one else can and users seem to have different views, some see the 'execute' button, some don't, etc.

@Shilpa Pai Kalsank has this been resolved in the end? 

Thanks, 

Roxi

Bruno Conde
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 8, 2019

Hi Roxana,

These permissions are managed by Jira on the issue permission scheme associated with the project. Based on your description, it seems the users are not able to resolve the Test Execution issues hence they can't see the execute button.

Please contact Xray support for additional help: https://jira.xpand-it.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2

Best Regards,

Bruno Conde.

Roxana_Bolobita January 8, 2019

Hi @Bruno Conde, thank you for getting back to me. I have raised it with your support team as I think there may be more to it than that :)

Thanks, 

Roxi

0 votes
Cheney Ma [Go2Group]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2018

If you are looking for a Test & Requirement management Jira add-on, it may worth to take just 3 mins to have a look at synapseRT Jira-on, you can find a overview introduction video from: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.go2group.jira.plugin.synapse/server/overview

Compare the different tools to choose the correct one from them!

Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2018

Hi @Cheney Ma [Go2Group],

these kind of forums are used so that the community and vendors help users on doubts or issues they're facing. 

In this very specific case, the customer has a doubt and the community should try to answer on that specific doubt and not on another topic.

These posts are not intended for marketing purposes from vendors.

We should all do fair play and do our best to help customers worldwide achieve success. We are only great, whenever our customers are great and for that we should listen and help them on their specific needs.

They're smart enough to choose the right product :)

Cheers and happy testing,

Sergio

Xray's Product Owner

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2018

Suggest an answer