I am adding a story and finding that the fields Components Fix Version/s etc, are marked None

Badri Alumpundi October 1, 2019

I have already added an EPIC, I am adding a story and finding that the fields Components Fix Version/s etc, are marked None. How to have values configured for those fields

I have used field configuration page to check if I can set pre-defined values but I am unable to do so also

Components.pngEdit Field Component screen.png

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2019

you can't set the default on these default system fields. A hack to consider though...

• create a custom field, e.g. default-component and set the default value you want
  • in the create transition of the workflow associated w/ your goal use the copy field value post function to copy from default-component to Components.

Haven't tried this and don't necessarily recommend it for maintainability reason but should work.

Good luck!

Badri Alumpundi October 3, 2019

Thank you

I wanted to associate this component field to user stories. I tried the way of creating a user story and edited the component field. It showed an option to create component values. It worked. Thanks again anyway friend for taking time to provide a recommendation. I have noted your post and will try it out as well. Much appreciated!!

Suggest an answer