It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I am a JIRA admin. Why can I not see "user management" under JIRA settings? Edited

I am an admin for the cloud based version of JIRA service desk. Other people as part of my group have access to "user management" after clicking the cog icon and under JIRA settings. What could be the reason as to why I am not seeing "user management"? 

2 answers

Hi Fahad - Depending on how your users are managed you may need the "Site Admin" or "Organization Admin" role to manage users.  

You can learn more here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-users-and-groups-776636262.html

0 votes

Hi @Fahad Akhtar,

There are two major admin groups in Cloud:

• site-admins for users maintaining the Cloud site (user management, billing)
  • administrators for users maintaining Jira (workflows, custom fields, etc.)

I guess for now you're only part of administrators, so you can only access Jira administration. You need to be added to the site-admins group.

Hope this helps!

- Manon

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

261 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you