I added a workflow and now I can't transition items out of it.

mcc24mm1 November 4, 2015

I added a new workflow ("QA - Staging" and "QA - Production") and I can't figure out on the Agile board how I can activate the option to be able to transition issues out of the workflow. I can move tickets into this new QA column but can't move tickets out of it. I also can't figure out how to remove workflow schemes as I have the original and two copies associated with one project.

I have been reading up on this and the documentation says that I can copy the workflow scheme, edit while inactive, and then associate the workflow that was changed with the project. When the workflow scheme is inactive, I'm not clear where I set the ability to be able to transition issues away from the new workflow. I have the workflow set to "All".

2 answers

0 votes
Dennis Poort November 4, 2015

Transition issue:

Some more input is needed. Based on your input so far, something that could be the problem is that your workflow status transitions to a status that you've put in the same board column, instead of in a new column.

Workflow issue:

When finished with the workflow copy, you assign it to the workflow scheme of the project in question and make sure to assign issue statusses to that workflow. This way issues will use your  new workflow and if the old one is no longer used, it can be deleted.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2015

It would be majorly beneficial if you could post a screenshot of your workflow diagrams in use within the project AND the column configuration of the agile board. To answer your question -- You either do not have a transition leaving the status OR you haven't mapped the statuses to the columns appropriately within the JIRA Software Agile Board. If you haven't performed these properly you will not be able to drag issues as expected.

Suggest an answer