How to view the name of the user instead of the user code in a comment of a Jira Software ticket ?

MATHIEU LANNIEL November 29, 2021

Hello,

When we add a comment in a jira ticket we can mention a user by tapping "@" and the name of the user. After that it's the user code that is display in the comment and not the name of the user. 

By example : 

[~a2800]

How can we replace the display of the user code by the name of the user ? is it a configuration in the project ? 

Thanks.  

1 answer

1 vote
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2021

Hi @MATHIEU LANNIEL , 

if you're not in "Text mode" in your comment, it should display the username "Display Name" instead of its Username (in this case the Username is the User ID from the company directory).

For example, here's what I have when I mention a user on Jira : 

Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 10.38.51.png

And here's the display when I specifically select the "Text" mode : 

Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 10.39.05.png

So you should only see the nice display, unless you've changed the mode to switch to Text.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Thanks @Alexis Robert 

In my Jira I don't have the voice to switch in the "Visuel" mode, I stay by default with the present display : 

Jira.jpg

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2021

Et si vous cliquez sur le bouton "Commentaire" pour écrire un nouveau commentaire, est-ce que sous la zone de texte vous avez le choix entre "Visuel" et "Texte" comme sur mon exemple ? 

A mon avis sur ce commentaire en particulier, il est possible que ce soit parce que le "]" n'est pas séparé du mot suivant que Jira n'a pas converti avec le nom de l'utilisateur.

Lors de l'ajout d'un commentaire la fonction @ fait bien apparaitre le nom complet de l'utilisateur : 

Jira2.jpg

mais dès qu'on le choisit c'est le code qui s'affiche, que l'on renseigne un espace ou pas d'espace après le crochet : 

Jira3.jpg

Et dans les 2 cas pas moyen de passer en mode visuel sur l'affichage. 

Suggest an answer