How to turn-off email reply feature from the recipients in JIRA

I noticed that someone can reply to a JIRA email notification.  The good news is that the reply is posted in the comments of the JIRA issue.  The bad news is that the header, the "attachments" i.e. picture an url links, along with the JIRA message ALL get posted back into JIRA.  This is a lot of "noise" now documented in the JIRA cased.

Is there anything that can be done to only post the content of the main body of the email?  Or if not, can this feature be turned off?

Please note, this feature we need specific to a project only not as a global update.

2 answers

Currently it is not OOTB possible to remove signature attachments. For JIRA images in singatures are still images and the rule is that all images become attachments in JIRA after converting email to issue/comment.

As for context it is possible. You just need to use specific mail handler and use a regex that will strip the content correctly. Check this KB:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-strip-the-old-reply-data-from-incoming-email-when-using-outlook-223218415.html

0 vote
Jack Brickey Community Champion Jan 24, 2017

I don't know if the 'ignore logo' as attachment will every be resolved but here is one ticket open for this - JSD-2090

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,308 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot