How to turn JIRA Service Desk Ticket into JIRA Software.

Michael Woong September 18, 2021

How to turn JIRA Service Desk Ticket into JIRA Software.

I have both installed.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2021

Hi @Michael Woong , welcome to the Community.

let me first ask why you wish to do so? Generally if you have a JSM issue you don’t want to move it to a JSW project. The reason for this is that it will break the connection with the customer. Rather the right approach is to create a linked issue in the JSW project and then potentially using automation to keep them synchronized. In this way the developer can work the JSW issue and the customer will be updated as necessary via the JSM issue.

with that said if you do want to move the issue to the JSW project you can use the move command which is found under the… when viewing the issue in detail issue view.

Michael Woong October 5, 2021

Thanks.

Michael Woong October 5, 2021

Another question. So when customer raised a bug ticket. Should I assign the programmer JIRA Service Desk ticket or create a new ticket in JIRA software?

Sorry, just confuse how to link between the Service Desk and JIRA Software. Partly because we are using the JIRA Software first and Zendesk and now want to use JIRA Service Desk.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2021

I would create a new issue in the SW project. Use the “create linked issue” feature in JSM. 

Blake October 10, 2023

@Jack Brickey 
So correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like when theres a bug submitted in JSM via client that deserves dev attention, we need to go into JSW project and create an issue, link this ticket, copy + paste user input & other details? This seems quite repetitive and too much room for error; and like you said breaks the client communication connection. 

It would be nice if there was a button we can click in the service ticket to "convert to JSW bug" or a "build issue from this ticket" and auto links & auto populates details,  and we can assign to dev just like we usually do internally..

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2023

Hi @Blake ,

no you don't need to do all those steps manually. The "create linked issue" is a 'button' in JSM that does this for you. Moreover, with automation, you can simplify this even further, and if desired copy comments from the JSW issue to the JSM issue. There are quite a number of posts in the community that discuss this topic in more detail. If desired/needed, you might want to search for these. I hope that helps clarify things a bit.

Like Blake likes this
Blake October 11, 2023

it does help, thank you!

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS