How to stop transition names being truncated on issues?

In JIRA 4.0.2 long transition names just wrapped on screen so we habitually used fairly long descriptive transition names. However in 4.4.5 transition names longer than 26 characters are being truncated with an ellipsis eg "Request further inform...".

Is it possible to switch off this truncation or at least to increase the number characters displayed to a reasonable number say 35? I've searched for a config option similar to ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions to control the label size but I can't find anything and I'm struggling to find where this truncation is carried out in the code/templates to see if it's possible to override it.

3 answers

1 vote
Daryl Chuah Atlassian Team Dec 17, 2012

Hi J Thomas

I guess there is already an improvement ticket raised on this particular issue.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-29671

I would highly recommend you to vote on this issue to increase its popularity so that the developer can look on it and implement it on the future version of JIRA and don't forget to add it to your watchlist for future updates.

Thanks Daryl. Unfortunately the bug report is for custom field names in 5.1.x and my problem is with transition names in 4.4.5 so a different problem.

I have the exact same issue. Would love to hear of a solution!

I also have the same question. I am running Jira 5.1 and do not want the transition names from being truncated

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

76 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you