How to solve the external bug filing with JIRA server?

Tehreem Fatima February 6, 2020

If an external customer report a bug on Jira Service Desk then how is it handled by the JIRA server?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2020

Hi @Tehreem Fatima 

With regards the following it will all depend on your process for handling bugs.

For example, if I create a request type bugs and this is mapped to the bug issue type, you would need to decide internally what happens when the bug comes in. 

1. Should it be handled by your company support to verify it’s really a bug and once verified a select steps of actions have to be performed?
  2. Do you have a developer of your product with an agent license that gets automatically added as the assignee if such a request comes up and he is responsible for verify and working with the customer on the problem?
  3. Do these tickets get linked to a related development ticket where the developers work on it and once done, they either contact the reporter via Service desk or notify the agents to inform the customer when the problem will be solved?

All of these are possible but fundamentally, you will need to have an internal process of how you handle this. Only after this can this problem then be mapped to a workflow process in Jira.

If I misunderstood the request, do clarify.

Cheers.

Life style سبک زندگی February 7, 2020

I have the same question!

Tehreem Fatima February 9, 2020

One more question, how the bugs can be filed with the Jira server version hidden behind a firewall?

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2020

I am not sure I got the last question correctly.

Do you mean you would like to have the JIRA Server version set by the customer but you cannot fetch this because it is behind a firewall?

If so, then I would suggest providing a select list field or a text field that user fills when they are submitting the bug.

If however I misunderstood, please clarify and I will be happy to help.

Cheers. 

Suggest an answer