How to share with an email address?

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2012

According to the documentation, I should be able to share a wiki or issue with a user or an email address. However, if I input an email address that doesn't resolve to a user, then the Share is not enabled. I wanted to be able to send to someone not in JIRA or who wants me to send to a different email based on their accessiblity.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2012

It might not resolve to a user but you should still be able to share! Type your email address and make sure you enter. works for me!

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2012

These are the types of errors that I get from within JIRA and Confluence when I try to share with a specific email address. The top 2 are Confluence, the bottom is Jira.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2012

If you give a valid email, you will see the message that the user is not found but you can still click on it and then share the issue/page. Works for me.

Suggest an answer