How to share the Agile Wallboard Gadget on a dashboard, without needing to log in?

jhaughton August 31, 2018

Hello All,

One of our teams wants to set up a public dashboard that they can use to display a simple view of their Kanban board on a wallboard in the department. They've created a dashboard, and have only included one gadget: the AgileWallboard Gadget.

The problem is, we can't get it to be visible without someone logging in.

I've tried the following:

- ensuring Anyone can Browse Issues within the project

- setting the board filter to be visible to Anyone

- and the dashboard itself is public

...but still no luck.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks,

Jodie

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2018

Hello Jodie,

Unfortunately, the Agile Wallboard Gadget is a feature added by the JIRA Core application, so the user should at least be logged with this application access to access this gadget.

As a workaround, you can use the plugin PDF View Plugin for Jira (PDF Exporter) to export your dashboards and display it in a PDF file.

jhaughton September 3, 2018

Hi Petterson, thanks for letting me know.

s.atanasov September 6, 2019

What about a super secret URL for a wallboard. So a browser on a TV can be directed to without logging in and so compromising the account.

This seems like a primary use case for a Wallboard.

c4mmartin January 26, 2020

Completely agree with this. I can simply use the api to generate my own crappy looking wallboard but i wish there was a way to use the wallboard feature as well... a wallboard... something that i can put up on a tv on a wall. I have tried a few super hacky reverse proxy ideas/etc because i do not want to give out my domain credentials for other teams to display wallboards, nor should i expect other teams to be willing to use their domain credentials to do the same. I wish atlassian would export the wallboard tool and allow it to be something external that will use the api to pull data and display the same things in maybe an iframe. Currently i have a wallboard rotator that just takes links for different things we want the tv to display. It is fully customizable. But alas, jira doesn't like iframes to be secure. yeah you can get around it but it never loads properly and there is on good premade tools available to display anything useful. 

Suggest an answer