How to share dashboard?

alexxkey January 31, 2018

Hello.

I create dashboard and want to share it with my CEO. He is also jira user.

I go to "Share dashboard" and choose "Share with any logged-usres" but my boss doesn't see board and all it's gadgets (only Sprint health gadget).

If I chose "share with executives" group (he belongs to this group) - the same situation. 

Screenshot_3.png

How to solve this problem?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2018

In addition to sharing the dashboard, you need to share the filters used in the gadgets. Once done, the gadgets will start showing the results.

You can edit the gadgets to find out the filters used in its configuration.

alexxkey February 1, 2018

But how can I share the filters?

Oh I'm find it, thank you. Jobin!:)

Its not work. I share the filters used in the gadget. My boss received email with link to issues page with that filter but on dashboard he sees the same situation - "The filter configured for this gadget could not be retrieved"

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2018

Did you share the filter or just subscribed to it? Also, while sharing, make sure you add the required permission before saving it.

The user interface is slightly confusing that many people will end up selecting a permission and then saving it without adding it.

1. I create filter and than save it like that. I don't see any permission options. Where does it placed?

2. After saving I click share button and enter certain email like that.

Do I need also to subscribe my boss to the filter?

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2018

Click under "Details" and "Edit permissions".

Thank you again Jobin!

Sandesh Shenoy M May 25, 2018

Hi,

We need to perform the below steps to share a dashboard effectively to a specific user or a group,

1. Share the filter with a person or group using the share option

2. Edit the permissions using details options

3. Share the dashboard

Is the understanding correct ?

Like Aparna.Keerthi likes this
Aparna.Keerthi November 12, 2019

The steps here are correct. We first share the filter used to create the dashboard, then the dashboard itself, and that will enable to user to search for the specific dashboard on Find Dashboard, and see it when finally they click on it.

2 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2018

He has access to the see the dashboard. You need to share the individual filters that power those gadgets with him as well.

Thank you Boris!

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 13, 2018

Hey @alexxkey and All,

I just started a discussion about a similar topic here: How to share your Jira Dashboard.

Would love to hear your experience/opinion as well on when it's necessary to share the Jira Dashboard and what are the ways to do it.

Suggest an answer