Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to share your Jira Dashboard (even outside your team)

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 13, 2018

Update: dashboard exporting is now available for Jira Cloud!

Better PDF Exporter has been improved with a unique feature to create PDF exports and reports from the gadgets on your dashboard. You can try it here >>>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The recent discussion article, "5 Killer Gadgets for the Jira Dashboard" by @gracylayla gives a few handy tips for Scrum and Kanban teams on how to set up their Jira Dashboards with must-have gadgets.

As a complement, I’m bringing forward a +1 tip that can be added to the list:

share your Jira Dashboard proactively!

There are scenarios where your Jira dashboard content is highly relevant to users outside your organization, without Jira access (like customers or suppliers) or where someone needs frequent updates in a more portable format (a CEO, C-level managers or Team Leads).

My team here at Midori deployed a reporting workflow (relying on the free  PDF Automation Plugin and the paid PDF View Plugin both developed by Midori) that exports and delivers a snapshot of my dashboards (from multiple projects) periodically. So from time to time, I get a PDF report by email, that looks similar to this example:

jira-dashboard-agile-sprint-report.png

It's one way to share your dashboard, combined with automation.

I would love to hear your experience: do you need to share your Jira Dashboard outside of your team? How do you do it?

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events