How to set up Alert

Nithin Panjikaran April 3, 2023

I need to set up alerts for the tasks in JIRA. I read somewhere a bell button will be there to do it. but on my JIRA I cannot see a bell button. 

2 answers

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

Hi @Nithin Panjikaran welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The Notifications "bell button" is only available in Cloud.

That's really sad. It's the users who really need notifications to be set up, not the admins.

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

Hi @Nithin Panjikaran welcome to the Atlassian community.

I'm sure you might have already checked the schemes given you might be Jira admin. If not,  Configure notification schemes and Manage your Jira personal settings will be the places to focus and revisit.

I don't have admin access. Why JIRA doesn't allow a normal user to set up notifications? 

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2023

You can click on the "watch" icon for the Jira tickets that you would like to receive notifications for.

This way, you will be alerted whenever there are updates or comments posted on those issues.

Like Sam Nadarajan likes this

Suggest an answer