How to set status as done for multiple columns?

SHRIKANT SHET November 24, 2020

I am using next gen project>scrum>board. I've to created following columns on the board:

• To be specified
  • To do
  • In progress
  • Development complete
  • Released for testing
  • Pending for release
  • Cancelled
  • Not a bug
  • Prod released

When the last three are chosen - Cancelled/Not a bug/prod release, I want these columns to be considered as "done". How do I achieve this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2020

Why have you set up swimlanes that mirror your columns?  This gives you a board with a single diagonal line of filled cells and renders all the wasted space useless.

Jira Software considers only the last column on a board as "done", so the only good way to consider multiple "done" status is to put them all in the last column.

Hi Nic, sorry, I wrote it wrong. I've created columns, not swimlanes. And I need multiple columns as done.

Would a better approach be to use multiple swimlanes for the things below instead of columns?

• Cancelled
  • Not a bug
  • Prod released
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2020

You can set up swimlanes for those three status, but they will have nothing to do with "done" - that is determined by columns.

Thank you Nic! I'll do that! :-)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events