How to set custom text field beign collapsed by default?

Igor Zhabrovsky October 30, 2015

Using JIRA 6.2 standalone.

There is a custom text field (multi-line) expanded by default In the JIRA issue view screen. How can we set it collapsed by default (right after creation e.g.)?

Now:

Now.png

Goal:

Goal.png

3 answers

4 votes
Deleted user August 18, 2016

I need the same functionality. Did you come up with anything?

Deepali Bagul February 2, 2018

Yes I was able to make this work on Jira 7.5 server. Use the below html code in the custom field description. Replace the custom field Id to the correct one.

<script type="text/javascript">
AJS.$(document).ready(function() {
AJS.$("#field-customfield_15901").addClass("collapsed").removeClass("expanded")
});
</script>

collapse.png

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2015

Not sure if you can do that with the JIRA Multi Line Custom field natively.

If you really want to hack it, just put a javascript in (anywhere in the create Screen or in the custom field descrption) to explicitly collapse it. Find the div ID then put a class attribute like this:

<div id="field-customfield_xxxx" class="twixi-block collapsed">

Igor Zhabrovsky November 1, 2015

I put this code in the field description (replacing id), but it didn't affect neither the new nor the previously created issues. Anyway, thanks for the idea.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2015

Get the html codes and find the right code. Maybe I got it wrong or we have different JIRA versions.

Igor Zhabrovsky November 2, 2015

I've checked, the HTML code is correct. But it is ignored for some reasons. If I expand field at any issue, it expands in other issues too, as well as in the just created issues (class="twixi-block expanded). If I collapse field, same things happens everywhere (class="twixi-block collapsed).

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2015

Yep. JIRA will remember your personal settings on stuff (what tabs are opened, what sections are expanded)

0 votes
Igor Zhabrovsky August 18, 2016

Nope

Suggest an answer