How to set a custom field based on another field?

Hari Vittal December 12, 2016

I want to update a custom field (based on User Group) based on Requestor's email address domain... i.e. if john@abc.com creates a ticket then custom field (Customer) is set to ABC. Is there any way to achieve this?

3 answers

1 vote
Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2016

how about using the "Set a field as a function of other fields " postfunction on the create issue transition?

you can choose the field that hast to be set (Customer)  and check another field using regex for it's value (Requestor's email address).

if the email adress for example is like abc you can set the field Customer to ABC.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the postfunctions is from "JIRA Workflow Toolbox" AddOn

0 votes
Hari Vittal December 21, 2016

Thanks - I found that JIRA Cloud now introduces the concept of Organisations for the customers and that's exactly what I wanted to achieve but I was using the Self hosted version which still doesn't include this feature. 

0 votes
Nicolas Simon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2016

Hello,

Probably it would be worth trying nFeed. It allows to build fields whose value are dependent on other issue fields.

Suggest an answer