How to set Conditions for Custom Fields

Shahryar March 8, 2021

Hi, hope everyone doing well.

I created a custom fields with Jira-issue-fields in my Connect app. the data related to this field ( options ) is getting serve when the app first starts, but I need some client-side abilities to modify the behavior of this field.

story: I want each user who sees and uses this custom field on their dashboard, see the options related to himself/herself based on some condition that I specified.

Does Jira Issue Custom fields support dynamic options loading based on some condition? and how can we apply it? 

2 answers

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2021

Hello @Shahryar ,

I have tried to search for existing threads on the same topic but I haven't found anything useful. 

However, please notice that this is not the best place to get help on development  related questions. The right resources are listed in https://developer.atlassian.com/resources. 

Specifically, in your case, you may want to ask the same question in the Developers Community or Create a Developer Support Request.

Cheers,
Dario

0 votes
Shahryar March 8, 2021

Or let me put it this way. 

How to create options for a custom field, dynamically based on the current user of the dashboard?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events