How to see velocity chart report of all sprints?

srinath July 2, 2018

we have completed 9 sprints but I could see only 7 sprints velocity reports I know It's limitation of velocity reports as it shows only latest 7 sprints. Is their any way to see velocity chart reports of sprint 1 and sprint 2 ?

3 answers

6 votes
Deleted user July 2, 2018

Hi @srinath reddy pinappu,

To my knowledge the Velocity Report, as you know is limited to 7 sprints. There is an improvement request to access all sprints within the Velocity Report, I would suggest voting on this request. 

Jonanne Cranford gave an answer to a similar question, utilising the Sprint report and manually calculating the velocity.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/How-to-fetch-old-Sprints-velocity/qaq-p/400351 

Hope this helps

0 votes
Krishna Mantha January 18, 2024

Hi, DId you find out a way to see the velocity of the sprints for more than 7 sprints at a time? 

0 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2018

Hello @srinath reddy pinappu,

You can check this thread: How to configure velocity chart to show more than 7 sprints

Two workarounds are suggested:

• use eazyBI to build your own velocity chart (see example here)
  • use Great Gadgets

Hope this helps,

- Manon

neelam annad February 6, 2020

where I can find the great gadgets to see the velocity for the iterations or increments?

Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2020

Hi @neelam annad, Great Gadgets is an app, you can find it on the Marketplace: Great Gadgets for Jira 

Ricardo_Zandonay April 8, 2020

There´s this gadget "Team Velocity Chart" available on Confluence (also Atlassian) you can use to show as many sprints as you need, or even the entire project.

neelam annad April 8, 2020

I already looked into that but didn’t find a way to see percentages of work completed at deliverables/ epics/ stories level

Suggest an answer