How to see/ export recent issue transitions

Bas Ovink June 16, 2017

In Jira Cloud

We did a cleanup of our backlog while developers where working as usual. I'd like to get a report on the transitions we stepped through. I know Jira is saving time, executor and transition, since that information show up in the issue history and activitystream. 

How to get this in a table report?

I have searched the forums, tried some add-ons, but found no good solution. 

Your help will be very appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2017

Hi Bas,

I don't know of a way to get to this data from the UI.  As you noted, it's only shown at the bottom of issues indivudually and in the activity stream.

If you were using JIRA Server, you could get transition data out of a database table called "OS_HISTORYSTEP."

Since you're using JIRA Cloud however, the only option I can think of is through the API.  There's a "Get Transitions" ability.  That looks to be more about possible transitions than transition history however.  But it's worth looking into.  See: https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/cloud/

It's entirely possible that a plugin exists to assist with this.  I just don't know of one.

So, I don't think I've actually helped you here!  Sorry about that.  Maybe someone else from the Commuinty can supply other ideas.

Rachel Wright

Suggest an answer