• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to see complete "audit log"

With the current automation audit log tab I can only see partial logs, is it possible to see a complete audit log?

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 12.27.04 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Balaji Cherukuri 

What do you mean by complete audit log?  There are several suggestions for improving what is included in the automation log.

If you are having a specific challent with a rule, perhaps posting an image of the rule and describing the symptoms will help the community give you suggestions.

Best regards,

Bill

@Bill Sheboy I attached the screenshot, based on that you can see the audit log message is getting truncated after some characters, couldn't find a way to read the complete message. For my debugging purposes, I need to know all the tickets got impacted by this automation rule.

Thanks for clarifying, and I agree that the audit log seems incomplete in that regard.  Without knowing more about your rule structure, I can suggest the following work-arounds:

If your rule use JQL to gather the issues, AND did not change the conditions used in the JQL, you could re-run the query later to determine which issues MIGHT have been impacted.  I note "MIGHT" as they may not have all processed...again, this is based upon specifics of your rule.

Otherwise, you could add some additional logging / data capture for processed issues:

• Use Lookup Issues to gather the list of issues and log their keys.  This might have a limit also
  • Log each issue as it is processed.  There appears to be a 100 entry (and time-based) limit in the audit log, so this will truncate over time.
  • Use Lookup Issues to gather the list and send yourself an email with the processed issues.

You also asked a separate question about querying for issues transitioned to a specific status by the Automation for Jira user; I answered that question separately.

Like Balaji Cherukuri likes this

Thank you!

How to add additional logging?

and how to do this? `Log each issue as it is processed`

Again, I am guessing here as I do not know what your rule looks like...  Here are some scenarios to consider:

1. Let's say your rule has a scheduled trigger on JQL.  That means each issue is processed one by one.  As you process each one, use an Action of Log to write the key with {{issue.key}}
  2. You may use the same approach as #1 if the issues are processed within a branch
  3. If you are creating issues, you may log information about the last one with {{createdIssue}} or the set of created issues with {{createdIssues}}

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you