It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to search JIRA by providing an Issue ID?

Hi,

I need to search for an issue using its ID and get statistcs. How to do his in JIRA?

Regards,

10 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted

this jql works too: id=<issue id>

By id i assume the issue key , you can simply do a JQL search .. example: id= ABC-1

You meant the issue key as ID? If that is the case then you can get this using JQL, issueKey = "your issue id" or if you have multiple issues issueKey in (ids...).

If you know the ID and want to browse to the issue you can use the url like this:

http://myjiraserver/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?id=ISSUE_ID

This answer no longer appears to work even on Atlassian's instance of JIRA. See [JRA-41720|https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-41720] for more information.

If searching for multiple id's, perhaps to make a gadget on a dashboard, you can do a JQL Search id in (abc-1,abc-2,abc-3) 

There is no way to have a search box where I paste the issue Key, and it search whole jira? any plugin?

The right top box, Quick Search :)

Adios to that

Yes you are right :)

A much simpler answer is to use Quick Search on the top Nav Bar!

quick_search.png

The Quick Search box is located at the top right of your screen. If you type in the key of an issue, you will jump straight to that issue. For example, if you type in 'ABC-107' (or 'abc-107'), and press the Enter you will be redirected to the JIRA issue 'ABC-107'.

Latest and greatest Jira (cloud) no longer has this "Quick Search on the top Nav Bar" 

SO PLEASE JIRA SUPPORT: WHAT IS THE QUICKEST WAY  to simply find/jump to an item with ID regardless of it's creation date & status

Yes please, I find it incredible that we have to write a JQL query to chieve that.

Still not fixed.

Looks like the quick search has been moved to the left nav bar - look for the magnifying glass and enter the ID and hit enter - that will take you directly to the issue.

Right you are @Scott DeLoach . I just can't get the hang of using the left nav - expect those things to be on top somewhere.

The magnifying glass button search only half works - if you type in a specific issue ID you get results of tickets that contain this ID in their description,  but,  incredibly,  it still doesn't always find the ID.  Seems hard to believe that this most basic of functions is not straightforward.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

308 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you