How to search JIRA by providing an Issue ID?

Hi,

I need to search for an issue using its ID and get statistcs. How to do his in JIRA?

Regards,

9 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Accepted answer

this jql works too: id=<issue id>

By id i assume the issue key , you can simply do a JQL search .. example: id= ABC-1

You meant the issue key as ID? If that is the case then you can get this using JQL, issueKey = "your issue id" or if you have multiple issues issueKey in (ids...).

If you know the ID and want to browse to the issue you can use the url like this:

http://myjiraserver/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?id=ISSUE_ID

This answer no longer appears to work even on Atlassian's instance of JIRA. See [JRA-41720|https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-41720] for more information.

If searching for multiple id's, perhaps to make a gadget on a dashboard, you can do a JQL Search id in (abc-1,abc-2,abc-3) 

There is no way to have a search box where I paste the issue Key, and it search whole jira? any plugin?

The right top box, Quick Search :)

Yes you are right :)

A much simpler answer is to use Quick Search on the top Nav Bar!

quick_search.png

The Quick Search box is located at the top right of your screen. If you type in the key of an issue, you will jump straight to that issue. For example, if you type in 'ABC-107' (or 'abc-107'), and press the Enter you will be redirected to the JIRA issue 'ABC-107'.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

How you can achieve compact and easy-to-maintain workflows in your JIRA( Server)

This approach requires you to have the JIRA administrative rights. The main aim of this article is to help you achieve an organized, easy-to-maintain workflows in your JIRA instance thereby, reducin...

232 views 0 0
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you