How to schedule email notification of Dashboard and Reports in Jira ?

Rajni Khattarr Sinha May 14, 2019

I want to send weekly email notification to my manager containing the Dashboard View of the project. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2019

I've done this in the past with Better PDF exporter + Jira automation.

PDF exporter allows you to define your templates for your data, or directly export your dashboards.

Jira automation allows you to schedule the sending of the resulting report to any given number of recipients. You have more options to trigger the action of sending the report but just scheduling regular sendings is supported (using CRON syntax).

Hope it helps.

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 14, 2019

Hi @Rajni Khattarr Sinha ,

As Iago said, Better PDF Exporter for Jira is the go-to app that exports your Jira dashboard to PDF, take a look at some of these examples. You can also use Automation for Jira to create these Jira reports periodically and distribute them via email. You can read more on how to do that here.

jira-dashboard-agile-sprint-report.png

Thanks for the mention, @Iago Docando

Rajni Khattarr Sinha May 15, 2019

Thank you @Levente Szabo _Midori_  and @Iago Docando . I will try the suggestions.

Jeffrey Bauer September 2, 2022

I got all excited to automate sending emails from a JSD dashboard using Better PDF but the "Send PDF" automation rule isn't in the cloud-based JSD we have. I *think* this is because another Midori product, "Better PDF Automation for Jira (free!)" has to also be installed. Alas, there's no cloud version of this yet. I looked in the marketplace and didn't see any other PDF exporters that purported to generate dashboard PDFs, much less offer an automation rule to deliver it via email.

Any cloud-based JSD customers have luck finding the right combo of apps?

- Jeff

Roland Traier-Kiss _Midori_ September 5, 2022

@Jeffrey Bauerand everyone interested in Automation for Jira Cloud integrations

As we discussed separately, Better PDF Automation is not currently available for Jira Cloud. That's because Atlassian currently doesn't allow integrations for Automation for Jira Cloud.
So it's not only up to us app developers when we can deliver a cloud version of an automation app.

Please vote for the feature request in Atlassian's system to tell them to stop postponing this important feature: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOUD-10966 

And please vote in our system as well: https://midori.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/229993888-Better-PDF-Automation-for-Jira-Cloud

Suggest an answer