How to run Jira Software from atlas-run-standalone?

Geoff Williams March 2, 2018

I'm trying to run "Jira Software" to test out marketplace plugins and integration between Jira and Bitbucket but I've struck a snag: I can't seem to use atlas-run-standalone to launch "Jira Software", it seems to only run "Jira", which is missing the project types for developing software (I found that from this post)

I'm using the latest SDK on Linux:

$ atlas-version

ATLAS Version:    6.3.10
ATLAS Home:       /home/geoff/atlassian-plugin-sdk-6.3.10
ATLAS Scripts:    /home/geoff/atlassian-plugin-sdk-6.3.10/bin
ATLAS Maven Home: /home/geoff/atlassian-plugin-sdk-6.3.10/apache-maven-3.2.1
AMPS Version:     6.3.15

As a work-around, I was able to follow the instructions to enable additional applications in pom.xml but this meant I had to create a plugin, edit the pom file, download the Internet and only then was I able to start my research.

atlas-run-standalone is a really handy way to test out the product when your not developing a specific plugin, does anyone know if there's a secret switch I'm missing to run "Jira Software" with this command?

1 answer

2 votes
Geoff Williams July 31, 2019

I can't see a way to do this in one hit and the linked instructions are outdated now since the plugin name changed. Created a blank jira plugin with the `Jira Software` enabled at https://bitbucket.org/geoff_williams/jirasoftwaretest/src/master/ incase anyone needs an example

Deleted user December 4, 2019

Dear @Geoff Williams , I literally logged in just to say thanks!

I googled and navigated around for hours, but the Atlassian SDK documentation and API docs are all such a mess as to entirely unable to find this critical piece of information. (I was looking for a solution to avoid runtime exceptions around missing Sprint and other agile-related, ex-greenhopper, Jira Software specific classes.)

You saved my day with https://bitbucket.org/geoff_williams/jirasoftwaretest/src/29b13f24bf413d3c89d6d8abab6a24fc688a5464/pom.xml#lines-171 -- i.e. having to include

<applications>
  <application>
    <applicationKey>jira-software</applicationKey>
    <version>${jira.version}</version>
  </application>
</applications>

in the jira-maven-plugin plugin configuration section in pom.xml, in order to run Jira Software server instead of barebones Jira server.

Thanks again!

Like Geoff Williams likes this
Geoff Williams December 4, 2019

Thanks @[deleted]!  Glad it was useful

Leon Hoos August 19, 2020

You just saved me a bunch of time and painkillers. Thanks!

Like Julia Baum likes this
Pankaj Jangid
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2020

What are other ApplicationKey values available. From the example I got, "jira-software", "jira-servicedesk". And I guess there would be "jira-core".

I searched through the docs and API docs but it isn't documented anywhere.

Suggest an answer