Project Types missing

When creating a new project, I am only seeing 3 types now. I don't see Software Development and few others that I had last week. I don't remember changing any settings. Any ideas how I can enable them?

Jira Project Types.PNG

5 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

Sounds like you have turned off "JIRA Agile" - that provides two development type projects (and I think Atlassian removed one other template from the core of plain JIRA with the latest update).

Do you have "JIRA" or "JIRA for development (JIRA + Agile)"?

Unless it automatically turned off when I switched from trial to paid, I didn't turn it off manually. Maybe it has to do with the update. I believe I have Jira. Do you know if Jira for development is 2 products (Jira and Jira Agile) as far as license?

That would make sense - if you trialled "Jira for Development" and only went with "Jira", then the Agile stuff will have vanished, including the project types. You can always add Agile back if you need to be using Jira-for-development - it does cost more of course.

I may have to do that. Thanks!

Since this is hosted in the cloud, you may want to ask the System Admins for your project configs.

I am the one who setup the account last week as a trial. I played in there creating few test projects and everything seemed good. I went in today added credit card information and went to setup my projects and noticed several templates missing so I can't setup my projects. Opened a support ticket with Atlassian earlier today but thought I would ask here and see if there is something simple I am missing. One thing that's changed since I played with test projects was I added Tempo add-on.

I also have missing project types. I just installed JIRA 7.0.5 and I don't have "Simple Issue Tracking" as a project type.

0 vote

The project types all changed in 7, to be aligned with the intended purposes of the three main applications. The three shown here are no longer in Core, but have been replaced by three more business appropriate ones, and "default schemes" have now gone, but you do have the option to "use shared config". Finally! Been asking for that since the stupid "new scheme for everything" started creeping in.

Thanks. I don't know if I need mark this as "question answered", but it is. Cheers

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Amir Kazemi
Posted 5 hours ago in Jira

We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Hi Community! My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk. Wha...

22 views 0 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you