How to retrieve the backup data

Cindy Leevy August 13, 2014

We use an OnDemand JIRA. We would like to make a backup, and then archive the backup zip file somewhere internally for future.

We followed instruction on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Exporting+issues. Then when we click on backup zip file, it asked for user/password for webDAV. We used JIRA OnDemand admin user/password, it did not work. Is there a separate credential for this? How to get it?

Thanks,

Cindy

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
cbenard1
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2014

Hi Cindy,

In the Cloud Platform the username/password used to access Webdav can be from any administrative account. If your account has admin priveleges in JIRA you can use those credentials to access webdav and grab your backup.

The only caveat here is that if you have Google Apps enabled you'll need to use a username/password on the local system (ie. the one that was created upon initial creation of the Cloud instance).

Hope this helps and please let me know if I can clarify or assist further!

Thanks

Turner

Turner,

I do have admin previlidge to the OnDemand JIRA. How do I find out if we have Google Apps enabled? We basically use only the default settings provided by Atlassian.

In anyways, how do re-create an account to access this https://brionlms.atlassian.net/webdav/backupmanager?

Thanks,

Cindy

cbenard1
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2014

Hi Cindy,

I took a look at your instance. You definitely do not have google apps enabled. I am seeing that there is only one admin user though: weil.li@asml.com

Either that user will have to login via the link you provided above (using normal credentials) or have that user create a secondary admin account (or promote and existing account to have admin privileges) that can access Webdav.

Essentially all you need is a local user (which all of your users are) that has admin privileges to access Webdav.

Hope this helps!

Turner

Turner, this user worked! Thanks a lot.

Suggest an answer