How to retrieve/extract the "Time In Source Status"?

Filipe Do Monte
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 12, 2012

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to retrieve the time stored in the transition tab for "Time In Source Status"?

Actually, as you can see in the attached picture, I would like to extract the time for the specific transition "Pending Customer --> In Progress" (then 3d 4h 7m).

http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=120313101930394827.jpg

To capture some specific transition dates, we implement customized fields with action that filled it during a specific transition and it works fine.

Is it possibe to do the same by capturing this value "Time In Source Status" and copying it in a customized field (we do not success at the moment)? Is there any other possibilities?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Filipe

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2012

How about a scripted field that displays the difference between these custom fields that you are storing during your transistion?

https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

Filipe Do Monte
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 12, 2012

Thanks for your answer.
If I understand well, you suggest to calculate a difference between "the time when I enter the status Pending" and "the time when I go back to In Progress". Actually it could work if I do this transition only one time.

But during the lifecycle of the object, we could performed several time this transition, the date will be then systematically overwritten and I will not have the complete time spent on the Pending status (only the last one).
Currently on the transition tab, the time is always added and only one appears even for several transitions "Pending --> In progress". (I hope I'm clear :))
That's why for me, extract this time would have been the best.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2012

May be before overwriting, take the existing value from the customfield sum it up and store again?

Angell Tsang April 9, 2012

You could design your workflows to only allow that initial status to exist once, and any loop back would be a completel different status.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events