How to restrict issue linking among projects

JIRA doesn't allow to restrict issue linking among projects in a way that a user has to have permission in both in order to create a link between issue x in project A with issue y in project B. Currently if you have permission to link in project A you can link it to any issue in any project.

Is there any way to achieve this? Maybe with a plugin to force this restriction?

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Not really, you will need to code something, and I'm not even sure you can do it with a plugin.

The whole point of issue linking is that a user wants to show a relationship between two issues.  Restricting that does not actually have a lot of use in the real world, and is in fact going to reduce the usefulness of your system - users add links for good reasons, and if they are doing it "wrong", then that's not them being wrong necessarily, it's an opportunity to ask why they've done it (because they will have a good reason).  It'll be a mistake sometimes, which is no problem, as they can just delete it.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

292 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you