It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to restrict creating New tasks/ subtasks under Closed Epics/ Stories

Hi,

I have a situation. My team keeps on adding new user stories to closed epics / new subtasks to closed user stories. 

I am unable to restrict this. I've tried using jira.issue.editable property but it isn't working/ solving my problem. Any insights anyone?

I've also seen people asking this question on community but couldn't find any solution/ accepted answer. Does this mean JIRA has this a bug or this is a vague way they just allow everything to everyone? Could you please help?

1 answer

1 vote

Hi @Pooja Tibdewal 

Where did you add the jira.issue.editable flag? It should be on the workflow step and don't forget to publish the workflow.

Ravi

Thanks for replying Ravi Sagar. Sure I added it on a workflow step and published the workflow. But I could still add subtasks to a closed story (obviously of which all other subtasks were closed).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

229 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you