How to restrict a user access to a single project in JIRA Cloud?

Eugenia Peralta October 28, 2019

I already tried doing it through Issues Security schemes and group permissions but I'm not getting a user to see only the issues of his project. 

I found a thread of 2018 saying that is the expected behavior and that is not possible to restrict a user just to his project, but I really need to know if there is any news or fix for this issue or behavior.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2019

If your setup is correct you can restrict users to see just the projects they need with a proper permission scheme, and restrict the issues they see within that project by using a security scheme.

Your permission scheme should be based on roles and you should worry about adding the people to the roles they are supposed to have (ideally by being part of a group instead of adding the users individually)

Eugenia Peralta October 28, 2019

Thanks Hernan,

Being the first time that I do this, I have to ask :) do I have to create a role and a permission scheme per project? Thanks, and sorry if this a silly question.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2019

No worries, jira can be messy at first. Roles are shared across all projects, try to use generic names on them to reuse them better. 

Ideally, you should have a single permission scheme that you would apply into any project you create, the more you reuse, the better 

Like Eugenia Peralta likes this
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2019

Hi @Eugenia Peralta  did this help you solve your issue? do you need any extra assistance? would be good to mark this as solved if it's really the case

Eugenia Peralta October 29, 2019

Hi @Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group  I just finished the configuration of every permission scheme, issue security scheme and groups of users!!!! Testing if works, it looks great so far :) Thanks for the info!! I will mark it as solved.

Suggest an answer