How to remove transition from Drop down list in a work flow on Issues page ?

Deleted user November 27, 2019

Hi Team,

I understand what are Status and why we use transitions, I have setup the whole workflow which has 15 Status, I have 1 very simple question -

Currently when I click on Status drop down on backlog page, It shows me combination of both Transition + Status (ex. Start Analysis -> ANALYSIS), Here Start Analysis is transition and ANALYSIS is status.

I just want to show status in drop down without Transition as my team well understand transitions. I want to keep all my transitions in background, don't want to change all to "Allow all statuses to transition to this one" (As I know this is another tactic to show only Status in drop down).

Is that possible in Jira or not ?

Again to make it clear, I do not want to show in drop down -

"Start Analysis -> ANALYSIS

To Transition -> CANCELLED

Back -> IN PROGRESS"

Want to show it like -

ANALYSIS

CANCELLED

IN PROGRESS

I found similar question raised before but did not find any satisfactory answer.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2019

There is no way to do this (you'd need to change the code that renders the drop-down, but you cannot change code on Cloud)

Thank you Nic for clear answer. Appreciate it.

Nic, Just one extended query, For any status with global transition (Can be accessed from any other status), In Drop down it shows "Transition to -> CANCELLED", Can we replace this standard transition name "Transition to" with our own choice.

It allows to edit on workflow page but in dropdown on Backlog Bug page, always shows "Transition to". 

Actually I want to see in dropdown as "Cancel -> CANCELLED" in dropdown instead of "Transition to -> CANCELLED"

On workflow page it is defined as :

COMPLETED <- ALL

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user December 3, 2019

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  Can you please suggest on the same Nic...

Thanks in Advance..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2019

Sorry for the delay, I've been swamped.

I'm afraid it's the same answer, you'll need to code, which you can't do on Cloud.

However, I don't see these on the drop-downs in the Cloud systems I use, so I'm wondering if you are on server, or actually have the names embedded in the target status names?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events