How to remove a project type?

Andreas Merkle _AME_ PF-26 March 3, 2014

I want to decide which project types are shown, if I create a new project in JIRA.

How can I remove or hide out of the box existing project types?

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2014

Go to the UPM -> Manage add ons, and look for the system add-on that provides project blueprints/templates. Most of the project types are modules, so you can disable the individual modules and they'll vanish from the list.

Andreas Merkle _AME_ PF-26 March 3, 2014

Thanks!!! That's it!

0 votes
Andreas Merkle _AME_ PF-26 May 11, 2016

Hi @Muhammad Tayyab Bashir,

I think Geoff Wilson (2nd answer below) described it. Didn't check it yet with v7.0.10

0 votes
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2016

Hi @Andreas Merkle,

I am trying to achieve the same thing in JIRA 7.0.10
Could you please tell me what was the plugin and which module of that plugin you disabled to remove the project types?

0 votes
Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2015

In JIRA v7.0, go to JIRA Administration > Add-ons > Manage Add-ons > change filter to System and then find "JIRA Core Project Templates Plugin".  Expand that list of modules and you'll find a lot of the project templates to disable.  There's still one or two though I haven't found out how to disable yet. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2015

You're probably missing the ones provided by other add-ons or Applications

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2016

Hi @Geoff Wilson

I've tried disabling all the plugin modules present in "JIRA Core Project Templates Plugin" but the project types are still not going away. 
Did you find something regarding this? Another plugin module or some other way?

0 votes
Deleted user March 27, 2015

Can I change one of them in the Cloud version so it uses things like the workflow I have defined by all by default?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2015

No, that requires coding, which you can't upload.

0 votes
Deleted user March 27, 2015

Where is this in the latest Cloud version?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2015

Same place, but I'm not sure you can disable modules in Cloud.

Suggest an answer