How to remove a formeer user from the quick filter list on a Jira Kanban Board?

Charlotte A. McKenzie August 7, 2019

I have the cloud version of Jira with a Kanban Board.

The quick filter is still showing a user who no longer has access.  How can I remove the user from the quick filter?

CAM

charlotte.mckenzie@xcelhr.com

2 answers

1 vote
David Carr December 18, 2020

for anyone else coming across this thread, you need to delete or re-assign all task belonging to the form user once updated the member filter will update.

Ivanna Harasym February 22, 2021

I have the same issue with an inactive user being present on the Kanban board, and there are NO tasks assigned to this user! So I have no idea why this person is displayed on the board and how to get rid of them!

Like # people like this
Geraldine Lau May 15, 2021

Does it apply to all tasks that were done and reported/assigned to the deleted/removed user, even if they were all already in past fix versions? 

Ian Munday November 3, 2021

Is there any update on this?  I have the same issues.  A remove user only has "Done" issues assigned to them, yet they still appear on the quick filters of the kanban board.

Julien November 15, 2021

Same here, those ghost users somehow re-appeared recently in our board

Elyssa Fox May 2, 2022

A year and a half later, still dealing with this. User has been removed from User Management, quick filters gone, all issues and tasks assigned to that user are done....but still showing up on the board. Any solutions?

Like # people like this
1 vote
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2019

If you have the necessary permissions, click the 3 dots icon in the upper right corner while viewing the board and choose Board Settings, then choose Quick Filters, and then click the Delete button next to the quick filter you wish to delete.

ido bar December 2, 2020

The question wasn't how to delete a quick filter, but how to remove a specific Jira user from the board user filter

Like # people like this
David Carr December 18, 2020

that's what I'm looking for as well.

fabian May 2, 2022

Yes it seems totally random to me which users are shown in the Quickfilter on the top of the Backlog (on the Kanban it seems there are only the users with issues on the board) but on the Backlog i don't see any pattern...

I am using nextgen software project. 

Like knedlik likes this

Suggest an answer