How to "Link to a Confluence Page" in the create issue Jira screen?

Peg Rotstein April 19, 2023

When we create a new Jira issue, we would like to link to the Confluence page where mockups and requirements are documented for the issue.  Currently, I don't see a way to do that when creating an issue.  We have to first create issue, then go into the edit screen to access the "Link Issue">"Link Confluence page".

Is this possible and am I missing something? or should I request as new feature?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Hi @Peg Rotstein 

So out of the box it doesn't appear to be possible on Cloud, see: 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-62602

However, a workaround here would be to create a custom field and place it on the create screen that would store the URL that way. 

The problem here is that it won't populate under the native "Link Issue" > "Link Confluence Page"

There are some powerful 3rd party add-ons on the Atlassian Marketplace that might be worth checking out but without knowing much about your organization, budget and so on, I can't really recommend anything but do have a look. 

Kind Regards, 

Ash 

Peg Rotstein April 20, 2023

Thanks for your quick response Ash!

I added my vote to the link you included.  I also looked around in Marketplace but the budget for my project has already been allocated, so might not be able to purchase anything until next FY.  :-(

I will look into the custom field as a workaround.  That might serve our purposes for now and I can query on it too. 

Thanks again!

Peg

Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

No problem at all Peg,

Please mark the answer as accepted if it helped, it will help others find the answer too for similar questions! 

All the best. 

Ash

Like Peg Rotstein likes this

Suggest an answer